Our client is a well-known international player specializing in the area of electrical motors, drives and gearboxes. Including both commercial and industrial applications such as power steering and vehicle applications, they focus on supplying motion control solutions to some of the largest industrial companies in the world. Our client has application, design and manufacturing facilities in America, Europe and Asia.
We are currently looking for an R&D Manager for an international company based in Dordrecht, Netherlands who focuses on supplying motion control solutions which satisfy the exacting requirements of OEM and general market customers. The role as R&D Manager is diverse and stimulating with a broad range of variation, including managing the engineering team as well as actively working with the team on applications as well as having a continuous dialogue with other departments. The team focuses on creating customized solutions based on products from internal as well as external suppliers. The role has a strong focus on the development and improvement of the team and organization. This role is a part of the company’s management team.
- Manage and coach the engineering team.
- Find the best solutions for customers using the company’s own products and/or third party products.
- Create and develop customer specific solutions as well as be in charge of the entire process, from evaluation to technical support at customer site.
- Responsible for creating the development plan for the entire department.
- Responsible for supplier communication for both commercial and technical issues.
- Communicate actively with customers.
- Communicate and cooperate with sales team and operations team.
- Relevant education within engineering, preferably within mechatronics.
- Knowledgeable within the areas of mechatronics, development and/or creating applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of general motion related transmission solutions.
- Experience from similar industries and/or products.
- Working with international manufacturers/suppliers is preferable.
- Experience from sales is a plus.
- English and Dutch speaking and writing is a must. Knowledge in any other language is seen as a plus.
To be successful in this role we think that you are:
- In possession of management and leadership skills, able to inspire your team.
- Well structured, organized, professional and at the same time a creative engineer.
- A facilitator of change.
- Communicative, social and approachable.
- Result oriented and business minded.
- Problem solving and solution oriented.
- Able to work in a team environment but still be able to work effectively on your own.
Does this sound interesting? Please send your CV along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding this role, please contact Aleksandra Hebel at +46 (0)8 662 1589